Tuesday 20 January, 2009

Cleanliness is next to Godliness - Now in Management Jargon !!

I have subscribed to a couple of blogs - Guy Kawasaki's is one of them.

Guy is an amazing thinker. Along with Malcolm Gladwell and Seth Godin, I rank him / his ideas as something that is original.

I got inspired by his Art of the Start and the Dip (by Seth Godin) to drastically re look at the way I want to live my professional life and have started working on creating "meaning" in life.

Decades ago, the “broken window” theory was proposed. It was based on following observation of old industrial buildings: If a broken window wasn’t repaired promptly, that unfixed window seemed to be an invitation for miscreants to break the rest of the windows.

I read this article about the Broken Window Theory in a post at Guy's blog. There was research carried out in The Netherlands on effect of litter on our behavior.

I guess this is same as "Cleanliness is next to Godliness".

धर्मं के जो दस लक्षण बताये जाते हैं - उन में से "शौच" अर्थात शुद्धता (जो कि सफाई में ही निहित है) - एक है।

हमारे यहाँ जो कर्म काण्ड का महत्व है - वह यही है - Good Operating Practises या फिर Standard Operating Protocal स्थापित कर दिया आपने - नहाये बिना रसोई में नहीं घुसना, पूजा किए बिना भोजन नहीं।

तो हमारे पूर्वजों नें हमें वे आदतें देनी चाहीं जिन से हमारा व्यवहार बेहतर बने।

No comments:

Post a Comment